Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 05, 2008, 09:56:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
16704 Posts in 1288 Topics by 1332 Members
Latest Member: roughneck
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Scenario and SIM Scene  |  COMMAND & CONQUER SERIES (Moderator: Redz02)  |  Topic: THE NEW YEAR WAR-2ND EVENT OF THE C & C SERIES 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE NEW YEAR WAR-2ND EVENT OF THE C & C SERIES  (Read 3142 times)
d_mechanic
phpBB Amateur

OfflineOffline

the eccentric traveler

« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2007, 08:33:01 AM »

i was a medic from the yellow army. it was indeed a demanding position when people shouting 'medic!' asking for help with bullets coming their way. and again there's another soldier calling out for help on the other side... along the way, i was shot, but no head shots. my bag was filled with paint on the early point of battle.
yes, there were a few hiccups, it is due to the lack of empowerment of the legislations lah, meaning no marshalls/ very few officials. we need to rectify this dilemma lah, as this is important for the future of the next CnC thingy.

but then, calling all photographers and media people! we want photos! especially pics of a guy in the shorts and a green pvc canvas bag with a red cross at the back in action CheesyCheesyCheesy

looking forward to being a medic in the next CnC game. and planning to get a hand gun lah. marker that is!
hitman
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2007, 08:50:16 AM »

it was a great weekend to the end of my year.
congratulations to the organising commitee for putting together the event. events, especially one as big as this and involves hundreds of people, takes a lot of effort to put together and despite whatever shortcomings encountered, you guys deserve to be commended.

i would however, like to make the following suggestions for future events:

1. While i can appreciate the jungle, my view for such a large scale game would be to find a venue that offers a good combination of open spaces, paths, cover, etc for greater visibility, mobility and satisfaction. you are there after all to "shoot" someone. due to the nature of the dense forest you either find yourself shooting at an invisible enemy, firing aimlessly into the undergrowth or even engaging in friendly fire. a bigger and brighter arm band to differentiate the 2 armies too would have helped with identification. dude, I was more exhausted from the amount of walking involved to and from the event venue, and to and from base camp than I was trying to dodge enemy fire. half the fun is actually scouting and being able to see the enemy, the other half of the fun is to shoot them.

2. shouting by some individuals (i assume they are officials if not seniors in the sport). While I can appreciate the strict adherence to safety (barrel socks, mask on etc), surely these individuals could have spoken in a tone that is firm and more becoming. bare in mind that you are not speaking to children, and neither are we in a real army.  people are there to enjoy themselves and the last thing they want is to encounter someone like this.

3. correct me if i am wrong but at base camp just before the game started there were calls for volunteers to guard the base. somehow i didn't see any sentries guarding the base. perhaps it was due to the location of the 2 bases which was along the main path (which is an area out of bounds). can we look into better positions in the future with the prospect of better parameter defences here. it adds to the realism.

happy new year everyone.

PiNkY
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2007, 12:02:57 AM »

Make it ngam-lah Zafry...you celebrating X'mas ke?

The War will be limited to 300 participants.In the last event,we had 260...this time we are going for a nice little 300.150 a side............

No markers will be provided on site.Participants are to arrange for their markers and equipment from their local fields,promoters,friends or just guys who wants to rent theirs out.

Participation fee will be at RM 85 per head(Inclusive of Lunch and BBQ)
Compressed Air,Co2 and marshalling by MM Corp.

Paint Prices:From RM130 to RM160 per box of 2000(Will be sold at site)

Game Master:TBA

Registration Centers in Place:

Xtion Paintball,Skirmish Paintball Asia,Werdna Hols,Delta Paintball,Penang Paintball Club,KCHL,Pro Paintball,Isi Rimba,Johor Paintball Association and Dynamic Paintball,Armour Paintball,Mudtrekker,Paintball United,Pangkor Paintball

Other registrations centers may be up soon.

Forms will be up soon and registration will be closed early(Nov 10th) as there is a lot of preparations for the other major events in Nov and Dec.

it was understood that lunch was provided and stated on the forums. believe that there was a minority who got off the game during lunch time when they realise that no lunch were provided after an argument. can someone explain whats happening?
kickapp
phpBB Novice

OfflineOffline

« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2007, 03:18:46 AM »

On behalf of C&C Main Committee and the host of the C&C Part 2 we wish to thanks all participants who attended this event despite all the hiccups, misunderstanding, miscommunication etc etc. We appreciate your patient and cooperation and manage to stay until end of the event. It is always our mission to give the best to the paintball community but as a human we cant build the city with rock & roll. We realise our weaknesses and along the way will try to improvise for the future of paintball industry in Malaysia.

..we wish to thanks the folllowing organisation, clubs and individuals for their support

1. Ministry of Agriculture Malaysia
2. Ministry of Youth & Sport
3. Taman Botani Negara
4. Majlis Sukan Negeri Selangor
5. Polis Diraja Malaysia
6. Royal Malay Regiment
7. Wataniah Regiment 505
8. Briged Para, Kem Terendak Melaka
8. Civil Defence Corps (JPA 3)
9. All Paintballs Club, Operators and Dealers.

.....many more ..

..as for photos and video, you have to wait as the groups of local photographers during the was under assignment from Facefull Jungle and their work can only be release upon final approval from them.

...Dear PiNkY, now we realise the problem..we're sorry for the misinformation, as the above thread was made before final costing was out (unless was mentioned again in registration form which again we mislook). Even if you notice the final paint price is RM160,  rental markers provided on site and not as stated in the thread...and bbq was way above budget when confirm players was almost 300, turn up only 160(thanks to rumors mongers, you have done a good job).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:55:17 AM by kickapp » Logged

PROUD OWNER OF VL ORION & INFERNO CLASSIC
Kev-O
phpBB Amateur

OfflineOffline

« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2007, 05:45:38 AM »

hahaha BO....you lucky neva kena my machine gun bwahahahahha....long live vietcong!!  GrinGrin

Team  N I G H T M A R E S