Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 02, 2008, 03:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
16541 Posts in 1279 Topics by 1326 Members
Latest Member: z1tr0n
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Scenario and SIM Scene  |  COMMAND & CONQUER SERIES (Moderator: Redz02)  |  Topic: THE NEW YEAR WAR-2ND EVENT OF THE C & C SERIES 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE NEW YEAR WAR-2ND EVENT OF THE C & C SERIES  (Read 2997 times)
Croc
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2007, 06:28:10 AM »

It was an excellent day all in all, had some serious fun and those firefights that started in some sections were truly awesome........I've never experienced anything like that before.

I think perhaps one way to reduce the amount of overshooting is to have an area with less dense vegetation, I would say in most cases the amount of pellets being fired off was people just trying to get a shot through the undergrowth.  Also more marshals who are right in the middle of the action as well, I honestly didn't see any once we moved into the undergrowth.

Perhaps in future, a more rigid set of objectives could also be set up, perhaps to simulate previous famous battles in our past.  I don't mind long marches, so maybe even a bigger battlefield, to perhaps add to the feeling of battle.  Setting up bunkers, trenches, fortifications, sniper nests etc etc could also add to the overall experience.

I can't wait for the next session of C&C ................ HOOARR !!!!!

Ps. Please also provide some further training for the photographers, as one poor guy got nailed a few times as it wasn't clear he was a photographer, plus he didn't put his hand up or shout out what he was.  If he had just put his hand up or yelled "photographer" he could have prevented a shot to the face.

kickapp
phpBB Novice

OfflineOffline

« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2007, 06:40:32 AM »

We appreciate your comments and review on the whole event. We try to improve for the next one. But i will love to see other organizer to come in for the next one. Perhaps  a calendar of series for 2008. Penang or Johor maybe to spin off the next year calendar. General Harris or Hj Amin your call please... frankly speaking..letihhh

PROUD OWNER OF VL ORION & INFERNO CLASSIC
toxicle
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2007, 08:45:04 AM »

Most of the guys were trigger happy and with the sheer number, all it takes is 5 shots from each person and the opponent would have been fully painted.

The outcome of the game would depend entirely on the mentality of each player so education is key. I can see a lot of newbies who don't know or don't have barrel socks and really blood thristy.  Shocked

Penang PaintBall Freaks
xterix
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2007, 09:42:49 AM »

Greetings from Singapore.

1st if all, kudos to the organisers. the logistics this time round was so much more improved than the 1st game so well done! i like how the food and drinks station was placed at each base granting us easy access to cold drinks n yummy burgers.

The admin part seems to have slipped though, perhaps coz of the assumption that the rules, etc would be familiar to the players since most have played the 1st game? I agree with an earlier poster that suggested the rules, maps, etc. be sent out earlier so that everyone will already have an idea of how the game is supposed to be played and what rules to follow. I personally forgot that head shots cannot be healed by the medic hahaha either that or the medic was a super doctor Wink

It was unfortunate that the game had to be called off early due to the less than sporting behavior of some players but I suppose that is to be expected from newbies. And making up a list of proper etiquette to adhere to may help.

As for marker safety, would it be useful to allocate a separate area to place all markers so that the safe zone is really safe?

All in all, my team had a great time on Sunday. The rain of paintball hammering our positions and the adrenaline from the cat and mouse games in the dense terrain was awesome. We are certainly looking forward to the next game in 2008.

If the organisers are looking for additional assistance in scenario planning, we would be happy to assist.

quot;Not all who wander are lost"... JRR Tolkien

Wargh! Tactical Team Sports - http://www.wargames.sg | http://www.wargh.net
nabelrock
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

NATO 7.62mm M14 Rifle

« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2007, 05:32:16 AM »

I bet most, if not all, of the players lost one or more of their gears on that day Smiley.
I lost a multicam shirt ( I went back looking for it, but its either too darn difficult to spot or was too easily spotted  Grin) and a pod full of paints Smiley,
but a quenched thirst for battle and projectiles is well worth those losses  Grin 

1st hit on me was a "friendly fire" on the neck, darn was I glad to be wearing a shemagh  Grin  No bruises to take home this time  Roll Eyes

Looking forward to the next part of the series  Smiley

Post them pics please  GrinGrinGrinCool
PiNkY
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2007, 07:01:44 AM »

hey guys. any idea whos the general in charge, leading the red army with superb sportmanship? the one whom kena leopard by some unethical players? Salute to him
subb
phpBB Pro Am

OfflineOffline

« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »

thats Mr.Dean .... i believe  Cheesy

PiNkY
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2007, 01:22:49 AM »

icic thanks. salute to him
angelnina85
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #173 on: Today at 06:52:12 AM »

heard dat sum1 get injurt so badly. 80% of his body been shot..
rili? is it true? who? how?
 Huh?
ninja_iga
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #174 on: Today at 07:26:12 AM »

Dean was shot like that

i was Yellow, and that wasnt very nice to Dean

Mud Legion

TactMark
RedDot
angelnina85
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #175 on: Today at 10:03:28 AM »

how come?
no mercy at all !!!
 Angry
Gungho Paul
Administrator
phpBB Legend

OfflineOffline

« Reply #176 on: Today at 11:04:04 AM »

It wasn't 80%...from my simple calculations..it was not more than 5 %of his surface area.Well..he was real cool about it,if anyone can take it..he will be one of those.

We have a saying.."live by the sword,die by the sword"...If you charge a group of 15-20 guys,each has only got to fire 2 shots to have 30-40 shots on his body...from my count of his "battle scars"..some of them missed.

To fire 2 shots at a guy charging you would not be merciless in any way...to get all 30-40 shots from only 2-3 guys would be!

Note to self...never charge a group of 15-20 hyped up troops in a scenario game.Outcome normally not good.

p/s:Nevermind..bro Bear..you go down in my books as Tough Guy of 2007.. Grin

quot;IMAGINATION IS GREATER THAN KNOWLEDGE"
 -Albert Einstein
angelnina85
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #177 on: Today at 12:22:00 PM »

oooo...
ic...

i guess dat's y im not entering any war game..
 Grin  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Scenario and SIM Scene  |  COMMAND & CONQUER SERIES (Moderator: Redz02)  |  Topic: THE NEW YEAR WAR-2ND EVENT OF THE C & C SERIES « previous next »
Jump to: