Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2007, 01:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
15985 Posts in 1233 Topics by 1298 Members
Latest Member: Xrossfire
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  The 5 Legs of the MPOC  |  THE JOHOR CUP 2007 (Moderators: badman, Redz02, allanphang, jb marshall, Hirash)  |  Topic: THe Johor Cup Photos and Links!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THe Johor Cup Photos and Links!!  (Read 604 times)
residentevilchef
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »

i dun like sports and action shots which are too static. i know i can set at 1/1000 and above to freeze everything but not my kinda thing. if yur techniques are sound u can survive on 1/350 and like i said this is the bare minimum that i would go. there are times when i do go higher. also learn to make use of techniques like panning.

sunlight in the morning on the first day was almost non-existant with the rain. my ISO was 800... later in the day and on the second day when it was better i dropped it to between 250 to 400. i remember Independence Cup when it was hot and bright, I was on ISO 100 all the way except during the late afternoon where i had to up it to about 400.

basically, what i'm trying to do is work within an aperture range of f/5.6 to f/11. if u do street photography with a range finder especially during film days u'd understand this technique as range-focusing. it's a technique not in much use today because i think digital has made it too convenient for pple; just shoot, dun like, delete, shoot again. in some situations this approach is not convenient. old school techniques still come out tops which is why to this day i'm glad i started with film and still continue to shoot film on my own time to keep myself focused.

what kinda gear u using by the way?
Croc
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

Thanks for the photos Desmond Cheesy

Nice work mate !!!

axn
phpBB Pro Am

OfflineOffline

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »

thank yous desmond, gr8t job.

img]http://www.jmdesigns.com/fb/images/JT-Logo.gif[/img]  
darkbob
phpBB Pro

OfflineOffline

- Bk Broiler -

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »

Thanks Desmond !!!

Pictures are DARN GREAT !!!

residentevilchef
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 03:06:46 PM »

no worries, guys..

thks!
sky_beez
phpBB Amateur

OfflineOffline

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »

i dun like sports and action shots which are too static. i know i can set at 1/1000 and above to freeze everything but not my kinda thing. if yur techniques are sound u can survive on 1/350 and like i said this is the bare minimum that i would go. there are times when i do go higher. also learn to make use of techniques like panning.

sunlight in the morning on the first day was almost non-existant with the rain. my ISO was 800... later in the day and on the second day when it was better i dropped it to between 250 to 400. i remember Independence Cup when it was hot and bright, I was on ISO 100 all the way except during the late afternoon where i had to up it to about 400.

basically, what i'm trying to do is work within an aperture range of f/5.6 to f/11. if u do street photography with a range finder especially during film days u'd understand this technique as range-focusing. it's a technique not in much use today because i think digital has made it too convenient for pple; just shoot, dun like, delete, shoot again. in some situations this approach is not convenient. old school techniques still come out tops which is why to this day i'm glad i started with film and still continue to shoot film on my own time to keep myself focused.

what kinda gear u using by the way?

30D..but only using tamron 17-50 and only 75-300mm II USM...paintball made me loose my money to buy the L lenses...hmm thanx for the knowledge....i used the ISO arrangements during my PnS camera but never thought that using that technique in SLR would make wonders...kudos..need to learn from you...haha!!
residentevilchef
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »

30D..but only using tamron 17-50 and only 75-300mm II USM...paintball made me loose my money to buy the L lenses...hmm thanx for the knowledge....i used the ISO arrangements during my PnS camera but never thought that using that technique in SLR would make wonders...kudos..need to learn from you...haha!!

yeah.. i started with the 75-300 as well if i remember correctly. actually the 70-200L/f4 is very good value for money. have one and use it as a backup to the 2.8IS. to tell u the truth u can do without the IS and save money, just go for the 2.8 can already. the 30D is a very decent camera as well.

which team are u in?
darkbob
phpBB Pro

OfflineOffline

- Bk Broiler -

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »

Let me help sky answet that:)

he is playinh with the killer beez Smiley

cabel
phpBB Pro Am

OfflineOffline

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 06:37:57 PM »

damm nice Desmond

ur the best

ill kill kill die die die  hehehe
sky_beez
phpBB Amateur

OfflineOffline

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 11:26:33 PM »

Let me help sky answet that:)

he is playinh with the killer beez Smiley

hehe..thanx there darkbob....
residentevilchef
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 01:43:55 AM »

cool!  Cool
Caranthir
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 02:24:19 AM »

caranthir..u take pictures for NPL??

where've you been?

i've shot Inde Cup, WerdnaHol Cup and recently My-NPL.. its all there in my blog.

http://www.myspace.com/sir_caranthir
http://villainpaintball.blogspot.com
[/color]
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  The 5 Legs of the MPOC  |  THE JOHOR CUP 2007 (Moderators: badman, Redz02, allanphang, jb marshall, Hirash)  |  Topic: THe Johor Cup Photos and Links!! « previous next »
Jump to: