Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 06, 2008, 04:57:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
16718 Posts in 1291 Topics by 1333 Members
Latest Member: roughneck
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Scenario and SIM Scene  |  COMMAND & CONQUER SERIES (Moderator: Redz02)  |  Topic: The Yellow Army Story... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Yellow Army Story...  (Read 530 times)
ninja_iga
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 05:59:42 PM »

23rd DEC 2007, Sunny, Humid

Their squad leader shouted at us "Guys in-front move forward", my friend yelled "Im pinned down, can't move", all this while I slowly creep up behind the sniper team had them on my sights & just when im about to pull the trigger the marshall yelled "cease fire! cease fire!". Damn! We dunno whats going on but keep our guard high anticipating an ambush. We saw the reds retreating for some unknown reason & some arguing & cursing ensues.  UndecidedThe game continues not long after, then we have spotted a red flag pole. Wuhuhu, we took it down & proudly put out our yellow flag on. While another squad's sargent is hoisting the flag, our squad cover him, one to the left, one to the right, while I cover the center.

That was me  Grin

i gave that order and hoisted the flag

Mud Legion

TactMark
RedDot
badman
phpBB Superstar

OfflineOffline

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 08:27:48 PM »

....On the way up we met a few wounded soldier & they provide us with the current situation up the hill. One of them handed me a yellow flag asking me to capture a flag pole. Gen.Paul then ordered us to spread out looking for the flag pole while he hold the last line with some men....
deadman talking....?? to the general summore...  Huh?Huh?
aren't we suppose to shut up (except calling for medic) & just walk to the hospital when shot?

Cool...We'll Be Back...Cool 
in need of service...? Always Available But Never Free
joe2d
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 02:28:12 AM »

....On the way up we met a few wounded soldier & they provide us with the current situation up the hill. One of them handed me a yellow flag asking me to capture a flag pole. Gen.Paul then ordered us to spread out looking for the flag pole while he hold the last line with some men....
deadman talking....?? to the general summore...  Huh?Huh?
aren't we suppose to shut up (except calling for medic) & just walk to the hospital when shot?

Dead man talking huh? Perhaps thats not logical but its not mentioned in the briefing. Some rules though are mentioned like headshots = 'instant death', no medic wiping just walk. Also when your shot & didn't get help from medic within 1 min, means you walk. I see alot of reds on the left flank breaking these rules.

But really I have nothing against the red army, some of them fight hard & honest, im just pissed at the cheaters wether on red or yellow they just spoil the game. I didn't see them wipe, they simply ignore the shot they got & carry on, so I guess you can't ban them for wiping huh?!
toxicle
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 02:35:16 AM »

Just a suggestion from my side.

I really think that there should not be any boundaries since people just can't understand. The best rule is to have limited rules except objectives. As far as being shot or not, since it's hard to determine such. A person is only dead when he raises his hands. If the shooter is found overshooting after the person is dead and raises his hands, he should be eliminated from the game for good.

I can understand why some people got pissed because of overshooting but from what I saw, their hands were not raised. Newbies who are trigger happy will shoot anything at sight no matter how hard you ask them to stop. They will only stop when they see some sign of defeat from their opponents which is raising their hands.

Another idea would be to only allow seasoned players into the game but I'm sure this is not an option. As far as briefing, you can do it 100 times and in every language on earth and there will still be clueless people. Part of the problem I would blame on some field operators (not pointing any fingers) who instill stupid ideas into player's heads like

- barrel socks are for protecting your barrel
- play on ... you've got 3 lives
- only headshots are considered dead
- etc.etc.etc

All in all ... it's all about education.

Just my 2 cents.

Penang PaintBall Freaks
MK84
phpBB Pro Am

OfflineOffline

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 02:51:22 AM »

Definitely need more marshalls, or at least have decisive trained marshalls, especially to handle the bigger firefights that occurs. We need this more than anything else before we can start thinking of punishment/banishment for rule infringement.

As for newbies, it's up to the experienced players to guide them. Remember we are all a newbie too at one time.
MD
phpBB Novice

OfflineOffline

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 03:13:41 AM »

you guys playing out of bound...  Tongue

badman
phpBB Superstar

OfflineOffline

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 03:14:15 AM »

sorry.. me more of a speedball than rec.. don't know much la..
unlike medic's 'healing power', or level of 'injury' (headshot only, marker doesn't count etc..), which even some woodsball game doesn't practice, thot 'deadman talking' is a common in most paintball games, else team can always send one kamikaze into enemy line just to see the strength or maybe snipers' location & quickly report back on the spot after being shot.. altho they can do that while in the hospital but it will take a while for the info to reach his troops.. 'timing' is crucial since most troops are on the move..

yeah, clear breafing on important matters such as hit signal/overshooting, limitation of medic's healing power etc should be clear to avoid these kind of disputes.. b4 every game there will always be a meeting on these matters, capt or representative of each group should attend & spread it to their team.

as for the safety procedures, it's everybody's responsibility to remind each other, no matter u r a general or just the private. senior players, organising staffs & marshalls esp SHOULD stress on this matter, if we want paintball to stay as a safe game & away from the heat from above..

MK84
phpBB Pro Am

OfflineOffline

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 03:25:51 AM »

Ethically speaking, one shouldn't talk when you're "dead". But then, this being Malaysia.....
badman
phpBB Superstar

OfflineOffline

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 03:32:38 AM »

Ethically speaking, one shouldn't talk when you're "dead". But then, this being Malaysia.....
...u mean the 'asalkan boleh' or 'semua boleh' spirit, eh....?  Tongue

Exhopek
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 06:46:29 AM »

Next time just let medics heal headshots and forget about the hospital. But if the medic is shot in the head he should re-spawn at starting point. This will make their role more important and will save the army from walking from the hospital and back. You can limit their numbers too and try to pick them prior to the game day they should be the experienced and honorable guys.

You can also forget about the medics all together and just use re-spawning areas. So if you guys push and you lose people everybody goes to a re-spawning area to re-spawn. This would mean people will be very careful of friendly fires and will try to communicate better.

Try to keep the rules as simple as possible. In a heated battle most people would forget about it either intentionally or unintentionally.

We were with the red army. I would have loved to see the yellow army push to the base. The roads were lined up with men almost shoulder to shoulder looking at the center direction. Some reds went up a bit to flank then...................................... the siren emitted a loud sound.  Game Over Tongue 

BTW thanks to the organizers for doing this sort of games. Just learn from the comments and suggestions I'm sure a lot of people have nice ideas to make the game fun. You wouldn't know 4-5 games down the road the next one would be a Bivy or one held in a beach resort.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 06:56:42 AM by Exhopek » Logged
badman
phpBB Superstar

OfflineOffline

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »

nice avatar exhopek... full gear & all.. but the background kinda... hehehe  TongueWink

d_mechanic
phpBB Amateur

OfflineOffline

the eccentric traveler

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »

would love to have see a thread by the red army.... so we can see a story from your side. most of us are quite blurry also lah why game habis awal, and opinions from your side. looking forward to it lah.
ninja_iga
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »

i remember the Seremban boys Dennis and Joe helped me defend the 5th and last flag pole while i raised the yellow flag.

i was firing a loaned DM8 Tongue
the bloody machine gun kept 3-4 REDS from assaulting our position.

Mud Legion

TactMark
RedDot
MK84
phpBB Pro Am

OfflineOffline

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 03:55:39 AM »

i remember the Seremban boys Dennis and Joe helped me defend the 5th and last flag pole while i raised the yellow flag.

i was firing a loaned DM8 Tongue
the bloody machine gun kept 3-4 REDS from assaulting our position.

What happened to your Tactmark?
ninja_iga
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »

tactmark transformed to "MiLSiG" now.

the hammer's o-ring broke right after 'lunch' ceasefire.
didnt have a spare (that worked)

result of playing alot and not oiling at all Tongue

Mud Legion

TactMark
RedDot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Scenario and SIM Scene  |  COMMAND & CONQUER SERIES (Moderator: Redz02)  |  Topic: The Yellow Army Story... « previous next »
Jump to: