Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2008, 08:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
27830 Posts in 2111 Topics by 1881 Members
Latest Member: Werdna Hol Sportz Ampang
* Home Help Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Malaysia Paintball Official Circuit 2008  |  Result of the MPOC 2008 Meeting  |  Topic: Marshalling 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marshalling  (Read 1523 times)
Gungho Paul
Administrator
phpBB Hall of Fame

« on: January 07, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »

It was decided that:

-The marshalling in 2008 will be strict against playing on and bending of rules.

-Enforcement on the use of ID cards will also be taken up a notch.

-Setting up of a standard operating procedure for lodging of protest.Protest deposit of $100 was proposed and voted on...it was agreed upon.If the protest was found to be frivolous..the deposit shall be forfeited.Decision by tribunal within 5 mins of protest lodged.

-A tribunal(3 players)  + 2 from the organizer to be set up for the listening to the protest.The tribunal shall be chosen by captains at each leg during the captains' meeting.

-Fighting,Bodily contact and Swearing at another will have only one outcome..no reasons will be accepted...expulsion from the tourney.MPOC committee will decide if it warrants further penalties after the tourney.
Retaliation via the the above will also result in expulsion for the victim.This has been voted upon and accepted by the majority.

Please share your thoughts regarding the above and please add on the others that I may have missed out for now..
Report to moderator   Logged

quot;IMAGINATION IS GREATER THAN KNOWLEDGE"
 -Albert Einstein
Grandmaster D
phpBB Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »

Yeah, actually Paul I DO have a question about the swearing rule.

At an international event such as this, will you be checking and enforcing only swearing in English?  That seems a bit like discrimination.

On the other hand, how would you be able to have staff on hand to monitor every game for swearing in Chinese, Spanish, and Tagalog (for example)? 

I've given this issue some thought, and I don't see a fair way to enforce such a rule.

What are your thoughts?
Gungho Paul
Administrator
phpBB Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

Hi Grandmaster...this one is a little easier..it is essentially a Malaysian event and most Malaysians understand/recognize the chinese,malay and english swear words.Many knows some of the indian ones too... Smiley

The essence of this rule is to penalise those who swear aggressively at another...whoever it may be.We won't eject a player just because he is swearing at himself or in a very polite manner...hahahahah  Grin

We need to cover it as well...implementation shall be done with the utmost care..

quot;IMAGINATION IS GREATER THAN KNOWLEDGE"
 -Albert Einstein
Skirmish
phpBB Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:42:02 AM »

To All

I follow the comments with interest. These are my views and only mine.

1. How would a team with low budget afford the $100 protest fee. Unfair to them, meaning only teams with funds can protest. Paintball is already costly why add more burden !!
2. As with any tournys there will always be a better or poorer Marshal decision. This happens at all levels and in all sports. As I know in any professional paintball tournaments, over 95% of protest fails as the game is already over. Protest in a way to warn the Organisers of poor decisions and to take action. 
3. If unsuccessful Who gets the $100 or what happens to the $100? Added to the prize money will be the most appropriate - my view.
4. If a protest is successful - what happens - draw, replay Huh?
5. What happens to the Marshal who made the wrong/poor decision? Warning, Fined, Rested or Replaced.
6. Protest is a way of bullying the Marshals and Officials. STAMP IT OUT !!
7. Protest takes time and can Disrupt the games schedule

Paintball is a very fast game. Marshals are human, they make mistakes. Players aslo make mistakes BUT its always the other guy or Marshal who is to BLAME. Players are also human but do they play according and within the Rules. Do they play with the Spirit of Sportsmanship Huh?

Ask yourself, would you do the job of the Marshal who gets shouted at, shot and shot at, blamed for anything that goes wrong - sometimes even for the playing surface, working all day long under the sun, little rest and worst of all being abused by players who loses games.

This is what a player expects of a Marshal,

1. You expect them to be everywhere on the field.
2. To run into the line of paintballs to paint check for you.
3. You expect them to get shot for being in your way.
4. You expect them to respond immediately to your shout when you say - CHECK HIM - which Marshal are you calling to and which player do you want to check?
5. You expect the Marshal to have 2 pairs of eyes, 2 on you and 2 on your target
6. You expect them to be your friend and give all the good decisions your way
7. You expect them to be highly qualified and professional - heck, some of them are new and just out of Marshal training.
8. You expect them to smile at you when you abuse them
9. You expect them to be lenient to you and keep a blind eye on your Bending of Rules.
10. You expect much much more but ............WOULD YOU DO IT YOURSELF Huh?

Marshals are Human, gets tired, makes mistakes, gets angry, in need of more training, rest and most of all RESPECT.

They expect players to

1. Play by the Rules
2. Don't bend or push the Rules
3. Play Fair
4. Accept their Mistakes and poor decisions
5. Have the Spirit of Sportsmanship
6. Respect each other (players & Marshal and vice-versa)
7. Be on Time
8. Don't Bully new inexperienced Marshals
9. KNOW THE RULES

But will all Players and Marshals do what is expect of them on the playing field? Some YES, some NO, some I DON'T KNOW.

Marshals have a very very difficult job to do in very very little time and in a very very fast games so we need to help each other - players and Marshals - to play a good and fair game so we have no protest (in an IDEAL World).

So I suggest Players - put yourself in the Marshal's shoes and see his angle and Marshals take a look from the players view. You'll understand each other more precisely and realise you can't WIN all the games by yourself.

To the Players I say, play fair and play well and you will win
To Marshals, enforce it and be fair and you will have the Respect.

TC

hope
phpBB Novice

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 04:09:31 AM »

Nicely said... way to go marshals...

manj
phpBB Rookie

Eye For An Eye

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »

THATS THE WAY,
AHAK, AHAK.............
I LIKE IT..

Breach, Bang N' Clear....... By Law & Order or without By Law & Order, will take any chances, any risk to teach them a lesson n to remember not to mess with ....
C-FORE
phpBB Pro

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 02:34:09 AM »

To All

I follow the comments with interest. These are my views and only mine.

1. How would a team with low budget afford the $100 protest fee. Unfair to them, meaning only teams with funds can protest. Paintball is already costly why add more burden !!
2. As with any tournys there will always be a better or poorer Marshal decision. This happens at all levels and in all sports. As I know in any professional paintball tournaments, over 95% of protest fails as the game is already over. Protest in a way to warn the Organisers of poor decisions and to take action. 
3. If unsuccessful Who gets the $100 or what happens to the $100? Added to the prize money will be the most appropriate - my view.
4. If a protest is successful - what happens - draw, replay Huh?
5. What happens to the Marshal who made the wrong/poor decision? Warning, Fined, Rested or Replaced.
6. Protest is a way of bullying the Marshals and Officials. STAMP IT OUT !!
7. Protest takes time and can Disrupt the games schedule

Paintball is a very fast game. Marshals are human, they make mistakes. Players aslo make mistakes BUT its always the other guy or Marshal who is to BLAME. Players are also human but do they play according and within the Rules. Do they play with the Spirit of Sportsmanship Huh?

Ask yourself, would you do the job of the Marshal who gets shouted at, shot and shot at, blamed for anything that goes wrong - sometimes even for the playing surface, working all day long under the sun, little rest and worst of all being abused by players who loses games.

This is what a player expects of a Marshal,

1. You expect them to be everywhere on the field.
2. To run into the line of paintballs to paint check for you.
3. You expect them to get shot for being in your way.
4. You expect them to respond immediately to your shout when you say - CHECK HIM - which Marshal are you calling to and which player do you want to check?
5. You expect the Marshal to have 2 pairs of eyes, 2 on you and 2 on your target
6. You expect them to be your friend and give all the good decisions your way
7. You expect them to be highly qualified and professional - heck, some of them are new and just out of Marshal training.
8. You expect them to smile at you when you abuse them
9. You expect them to be lenient to you and keep a blind eye on your Bending of Rules.
10. You expect much much more but ............WOULD YOU DO IT YOURSELF Huh?

Marshals are Human, gets tired, makes mistakes, gets angry, in need of more training, rest and most of all RESPECT.

They expect players to

1. Play by the Rules
2. Don't bend or push the Rules
3. Play Fair
4. Accept their Mistakes and poor decisions
5. Have the Spirit of Sportsmanship
6. Respect each other (players & Marshal and vice-versa)
7. Be on Time
8. Don't Bully new inexperienced Marshals
9. KNOW THE RULES

But will all Players and Marshals do what is expect of them on the playing field? Some YES, some NO, some I DON'T KNOW.

Marshals have a very very difficult job to do in very very little time and in a very very fast games so we need to help each other - players and Marshals - to play a good and fair game so we have no protest (in an IDEAL World).

So I suggest Players - put yourself in the Marshal's shoes and see his angle and Marshals take a look from the players view. You'll understand each other more precisely and realise you can't WIN all the games by yourself.

To the Players I say, play fair and play well and you will win
To Marshals, enforce it and be fair and you will have the Respect.

TC

We concur with you TC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Malaysia Paintball Official Circuit 2008  |  Result of the MPOC 2008 Meeting  |  Topic: Marshalling « previous next »
Jump to: