Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2008, 08:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
17424 Posts in 1347 Topics by 1361 Members
Latest Member: SerenityAdr
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Xtra...Xtra  |  Archives  |  World Cup Asia 2007 (Moderators: Redz02, raphael, allanphang)  |  Topic: Thank you 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 52 times)
Grandmaster D
phpBB Rookie

OfflineOffline

« on: January 10, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »

The WCA 2007 Thank You list

These are in no particular order, so please don't feel slighted. There is no "ranking", just heartfelt appreciation for all your hard work and dedication to promoting Asian tournament paintball.

Thank You! to:

The Entire PALS organization. Tireless effort in thankless jobs. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. Paul Lam, have you caught up on your sleep yet?

Adam. The Red Bull saved the day.

Martin Hamilton, without you, would there have been ANY air? All the behind the scenes stuff that goes overlooked, but would have been glaringly obvious had it not gotten done.

Ulrich Stahr, for your efforts and good advice. And for the Millennium T shirt that my wife thinks is a bit creepy. I'd like to add that I think Wombles is perhaps the best name any paintball team has yet come up with.

The ENTIRE reffing crew. You guys worked REALLY hard, in the heat, under pressure, and kept your collective head about you. From what I personally experienced, strict but fair (but maybe a few guys need just a wee bit more experience).

The vendors for showing up and really giving a spectacle atmosphere to the proceedings.

T.C., Dean and the other guys connected to Skirmish Asia.

Ledz, Robert and the Eclipse crew. The Ego is a fantastic bit of electro-pneumatic wizardry.

Dave Norman for sharing breakfast and stories. It's writers like you that really promote this great sport.

All the players, without you, it would have been just a netted field filled with oddly shaped balloons. I'd like to especially thank everybody who signed my jersey at the players' party. What a great keepsake.

While I thank all the Pro players for coming out and showing us how it's done, I'd like to single out for special thanks Loic of the Ton Tons. He made a point of coming over to Team J.P. (made up of team KU from Japan and Gotcha from the Philippines) after the X-Ball demo to shake hands with all the players. Very classy, and worthy of special thanks.

Dr. Babak for being the M.D. at the ready.

My team, for giving it their all. We didn't win, but did manage to beat the team that took first.

A special thanks to Dec's wife and son for helping out as pit crew.

The guy at the fill station for making sure that on deck teams got priority for fills. Good work.

Steven and Ellen from DYE Asia. You guys were great. Thanks for the help.

Darren from DYE. I'll be in touch.

Team KU for giving it your all. Japanese paintball may be lagging behind other countries', but you guys made a respectable showing given our limited ability to practice.

The Minister of Tourism for Malaysia for the rousing speech. Who does your writing? Golf. Yep. Got it the FIRST dozen times. Perfect!

Tom Cole for looking so lost after you got called up on stage only to be forgotten. BTW, if you were there, why didn't I see any Kingman PR anywhere? I can't understand why Kingman, as the biggest by far Asia based paintball equipment manufacturer isn't a more prominent sponsor of PALS.

DYE for the great hats at the players' party. (Note the placement of the apostrophe. There'll be a quiz later.)

I'll be updating this as I find the names and notes on scribbled scraps of paper still hiding in my gear bag.
Jump to: