Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2008, 02:17:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28758 Posts in 2178 Topics by 1925 Members
Latest Member: test1
* Home Help Calendar Login Register
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Xtra...Xtra  |  Feedback & Suggestions (Moderators: badman, Redz02)  |  Topic: Forum News Section 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum News Section  (Read 79 times)
X-Free!
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« on: October 12, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »

Dear admin,

I would like to suggest that something could be done on the forum's news section...
the news section that resize after each of the news caused the forum moving up and down which is quite confused when surfing...
thank you.

rgrds,
NIO
badman
phpBB Legend

OfflineOffline

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »

finally...! someone with same view....  Roll Eyes

Cool...We'll Be Back...Cool 
in need of service...? Always Available But Never Free
X-Free!
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

finally...! someone with same view....  Roll Eyes

yea badman, is you, having the same opinion huh?!  Wink
eyes would easily get tired n non-stop scrolling my mouse, now I surf using Google Chrome coz it can't get the flash processed, just stopped at the 1st news.... Tongue

I hope at least google dun fix the bug b4 admin do sumthing on the section.... Grin
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:17:50 PM by X-Free! » Logged
badman
phpBB Legend

OfflineOffline

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »

yeah.. it's better to have a fixed-size box with scrolling news instead.. it's more reader-friendly...

Cool...We'll Be Back...Cool 
in need of service...? Always Available But Never Free
isky
phpBB Superstar

OfflineOffline

meow shoot you!

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:40:35 AM »

You could block scripting from xtionpaintball.com, that stops the annoying news box. Smiley

C-FORE
phpBB Pro

OfflineOffline

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:15:43 AM »

You could block scripting from xtionpaintball.com, that stops the annoying news box. Smiley

Fulamak....................isky getting technical.Guide me how its done?
X-Free!
phpBB Newbie

OfflineOffline

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »

hi bro, I still think that the news section is useful, just not reader-friendly as badman said....
if block the script then admin's effort of posting news is wasted...hehe

I think a small fixed size box with news title marquee'ing as link to the news as topic is not a bad idea...

isky
phpBB Superstar

OfflineOffline

meow shoot you!

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 01:46:59 AM »

If you use Mozilla Firefox, just google for an add-on called "NoScript". At first it'll block all scripting (including youtube) but you can add sites that you know to be safe to the permissions list, and allow scripting from them via a right-click menu. Grin

On IE, I believe you can go under Internet Options and customize JavaScript permissions from there.. hehe lama tak pakai IE oredi..

There's also another simple way of stopping that news box jump, and I know it works on Firefox, unsure on IE - Just press Esc when the page has finished loading, the news box will stop updating. Also handy to stop .gif animated files. Smiley

X-Free!, I find the news feed pretty redundant as I already get bombarded by emails from admin about threads that end up in the news box anyway.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Asian Connection-Xtion Paintball Forum!  |  Xtra...Xtra  |  Feedback & Suggestions (Moderators: badman, Redz02)  |  Topic: Forum News Section « previous next »
Jump to: